Sunday, July 13, 2008

ID3 Race Report: Kid's Crit


This was Seth's first criterium. We'll, mine too. He was pumped and excited about the race. We made a couple of laps around the 3/4 mile course so that he knows the turns. I should have taken a better look at some of those turns. I had a wipe-out in one of them.
I'll save that for the next post.

See the big chopper bikes on the right.
The kids line up and Seth displays his race face. He asked, "Daddy. Which one do you think is the fastest?" I looked at one of the older boys with the chopper bike, pointed to him and said, "He looks fast." He responds, "Ok, I'll hang on his wheel." Yeah, he is already picking up on tactics and race language!!!!!!!!!!!
The guns goes off and the kids are flying down the first stretch. Seth is near the front heading towards the first turn. When Seth and I do triathlons together or just out riding bikes, we talk about the proper techniques of riding and what helps you to go faster. I watch him fly around the course and see he is trying to get in a tucked aero position. I had to smile:)
They make it around the final turn and head for the finish.
Seth is in 4th place trying to catch 3rd.


He stands and sprints for the finish!!!

4th place out of about 12 riders!!!!!!!!!!
Way to Go!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Wow, way to go Seth, I am very impressed! I think he's earned the bicycle pin in addition to his belt loop!!